|S/No||Job Title||Economic Statistics Consultant|
|2||Assignment Location||Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development(MoPIED)|
|4||Reporting To||Statistics Director|
|5||Supervisory Responsibility||Head of Economic Statistics Division|
|6||Job Purpose||The main purpose of this job is to develop the Directorate of National Statistics in Economic statistics, collection, compilation, analysis, and dissemination for accurate and reliable of Economic statistical data.|
|7||Duties and Responsibilities||Economic Statistics Consultant will be responsible for:
· Collect, compile, disseminate all economic statistical data to apply statistical theories and methods to solve practical problems in social sectors
· Provide guidance on the quality of the data collection.
· Designing the survey questionnaire on CSPRO program and all codes related to the data management tools
· Prepare monthly progress report for the division
· Prepare Data entry forms for questionnaires of the survey.
· Participate Data analysis and tabulations of the survey results on SPSS.
· Preparing the final report of the survey results as per the guidelines of the project team in Economic Statistics
· Develop statistical tools for economic statistical data collection including CPI, Business Registry and industry, National Accounts
· Analyze and interpret Economic statistical data
· Design economic statistical surveys
· Assist in preparation of planned activities by gathering all statistical information
· Develop quality assurance including checking and cleaning data
· Conduct research on economic statistics and prepare occasional papers
· Ensure economic statistical standards for the economic statistics division
· Plan and developing all economic statistical indicators
· Participate in meetings and trainings as required
· Work closely with the division head to implement programme and activities of the division
· Update and maintain the records of economic statistics
· Prepare, design and assign in the implementation of establishment of economic statistical surveys undertaken by the directorate
· Undertake duties at the directorate office and in the field, as required
· Participate in the compilation statistical data for Somalia facts and figures
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as maybe requested from time to time.
· Prepare, design and assign in the implementation of establishment of economic statistical surveys undertaken by the division
· Plan and develop all economic statistical indicators
· Prepare monthly report on economic statistics
· Develop statistical tools for economic statistical data collection including CPI, National accounts, production data, and all economic statistical data.
|8||Education||· Master degree in statistics, applied economics or a related field required from Recognized University.|
|9||Experience||• Minimum two year of experience in statistics or related fields
• Strong quantitative research and analytical skills
• Strong in data collection, and data processing procedure
|10||Skill Requirements||• Excellent in English and Somali languages
• Excellent in computer skills
• Very good in report writing
• Must be proactive/ initiative flexible
• Good at team work /team builder
• Must possess good organizing and planning skills
• Should demonstrate leadership and organization capabilities
• Must possess reasoning and problem solving skills and be able to analyze the information
• IT skills
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to see and manage risks and consequences
• Functions effectively in a team of professionals Fluency in verbal and written Somali and English.
How to APPLY: Confidential applications can be addressed to The Human Resource Director, Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development, E-mail email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org only a Cover Letter and Curriculum vitae (CV) in WORD .doc or. docx format must be delivered, by 1500 hours of 25th , August, 2017. Applications addressed exclusively to one of the above email addresses would not be considered.