|S/No||Job Title||Social Statistics Consultant|
|1||Department||Directorate of Statistics|
|2||Assignment Location||Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development(MoPIED)|
|4||Reporting To||Statistics Director|
|5||Supervisory Responsibility||Head of Social Statistics|
|6||Job Purpose||The aim of this position is to maintain and enhance the organization’s strategic plan of the Directorate of National Statistics. Project development capabilities. The position further aims at improving quality management information and evidence-based organizational decision-making. The incumbent is responsible for designing the developmental project for the strategy and is designed to support policy researches and dialogues, and provide quality inputs to policy formulation and revision.|
|7||Duties and Responsibilities||Social Head of National Statistics will be responsible for:
· Develop MoPIED, Directorate of Statistics strategic plan through a consultative and participatory process.
· Prepare statistical indicators of the needed surveys for NDPs and SDGs
· Support capacity development through coordination of technical assistance to implement National Statistics development plan.
· Work closely national partnership group for statistics to provide coordinated support mechanism for all statistical activities
· Advice national authorities and development partners on methods of national statistical system.
· Review national statistical systems and data management.
· Train national statistical staff on statistical methodology and data collection systems and management.
· Develop data collection tools and provide appropriate guidance national statistical staff to insure data quality in a timely manner.
· Design monitoring and evaluation frame works for the implementation national statistical development plan strategy
· Set up appropriate mechanism relationship between statistical producers and users to close gap between statistical supply and demand.
· Coordinate joint periodic meeting to assess progress of implementation of the statistical plan.
· Advice Ministry of Panning on the steps can be taken to boost the statistical capacity of the Directorate of Statistics in sustainable manner.
· Facilitate and process preparing proposals and financial requirements for the implementations national statistics plan.
· Identify the gaps and challenges faces national statistical systems and recommend key needed changes.
|8||Education||Advance degree Statistics, Demography and related fields or relevant field from Recognized University.
|9||Experience||• Possess at least 3 years relevance in the field of statistics
• Proven ability to conduct data collection, analysis and dissemination of reports
• Working knowledge of data processing and analytic software(SPSS,STATA,CSpro)
• Knowledgeable in the current political landscape in Somalia
|10||Skill Requirements||• Possess proven leadership skills that could influence decisions,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Somali and English,
• Proficient in editing and proofreading
• Report writing and presentation skills
• IT skills
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to see and manage risks and consequences
• Functions effectively in a team of professionals Fluency in verbal and written Somali and English.
How to APPLY: Confidential applications can be addressed the Human Resource Director, Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development, E-mail email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org only a Cover Letter and Curriculum vitae (CV) in WORD .doc or. docx format must be delivered, by 1500 hours of 25th , August, 2017. Applications addressed exclusively to one of the above email addresses would not be considered.